M&G Real Estate have published their latest Responsible Property Investment Report outlining the key elements of their RPI strategy: ensuring portfolio resilience, driving environmental improvement, building strong relationships, responsibility in their own operations.
Alex Jeffrey, Cheif Executive at M&G commented: 'In a changing world, we need to be increasingly alive to the range of societal, environmental, and of course, economic challenges that can very rapidly affect the success of our funds and business. Our proactive approach to responsible property investment is one way in which we protect our business and funds against shocks, and enables us to protect and enhance fund and asset performance for our clients. As one of the world’s largest real estate investors, we are not only affected by these changes, but are also able to bring about positive outcomes. Throughout this report, we provide numerous examples of such activities.'
Highlights from the year include:
- Achieving ‘Green Star’ status for six funds in the 2016 Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark survey (p8)
- Averting 11,380 tonnes of CO2 emissions across our like-for-like assets (p16)
- Diverting over 99% of waste from landfill at our UK assets (p17)
- Saving £1.7m from occupiers’ service charges (costs associated with energy, waste, water) through environmental efficiencies in UK like-for-like assets
- Quantifying our socio-economic contribution – demonstrating the value M&G Real Estate and our funds make to communities and economies around the world
//php dpm ($content);?>