2017 was a busy but exciting year for Hammerson as a whole and particularly for the Sustainability Team. It’s their first Sustainability Report since launching our net positive targets, and includes an update on their early progress for which they have made excellent progress in all four of their focus areas. It is still energy efficiencies that are making the big difference in their portfolio.
- Operational energy demand has reduced across their managed retail assets by 8% year on year, hitting the 2018 energy reduction targets 12 months early.
- This has driven a further 12% reduction in carbon emissions, bringing the reduction against the 2015 baseline to an impressive 26% across their managed retail assets.
- The delivery of phase 2 of Elliott's Field Retail Park, Rugby as the world's first BREEAM Outstanding, carbon neutral retail park is a major achievement for the teams involved. More information on this development is available here.
- Exceptional socio-economic outcomes were also delivered for 2017. Hammerson supported 476 organisations, directly investing over £2.2 million in the local community. The launch of True Value of Retail provides clear evidence of the positive local community outcomes that can flow from retail assets. Their True Value of Retail report is available here.
- 100% of Hammerson employees who had been employed for 12 months or more had received sustainability training by end of January 2018, keeping teams across the business up-to-date with the Positive Places vision and what they can do to support it..
Details of the wide-ranging projects that have delivered these changes, are set out in the full Sustainability Report 2017 .
//php dpm ($content);?>