Aviva Investors is the global asset management business of Aviva plc. Our real assets business manages a range of strategies that invest in real estate debt and equity, infrastructure debt and equity, private corporate debt and structured finance. Our platform invests directly in and finances buildings and infrastructure that play a crucial role in shaping our evolving society and economy.
In January 2021, Aviva Investors published its net-zero pathway for real assets, detailing how we aim to achieve net-zero emissions across our real estate, infrastructure and private debt investments by 2040.
The pathway included five short-term goals that we expect to be delivered before the end of 2025:
- Investing £2.5 billion in low-carbon and renewable energy infrastructure and buildings
- Increasing low-carbon and renewable energy generation capacity to 1.5 gigawatts
- Originating £1 billion of climate transition-focused loans
- Creating at least 50 per cent of new pooled strategies with sustainable or impact labels
- Reducing real estate carbon intensity by 30 per cent and energy intensity by 10 per cent
To find out more, read the pathway document here.
- Progress towards net zero in real assets
- Translating climate ambition into action
- ESG webcast series
"As responsible investors, we consider environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues and their impact on real estate investment. Addressing these issues from an investment perspective can deliver real value in terms of cost savings, enhanced returns and reduced regulatory and obsolescence risk. As a major investor in property, we participate in industry led initiatives like the BBP to share best practice and promote the acceptance and implementation of Responsible Investment within the industry."
Barry Hill, Head of Asset Management for European Direct Real Estate and Chair of Aviva Investors Responsible Property Investment Committee.
*Please note that the information on this page was supplied by the MAP Member and the BBP assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content