Lendlease Investment Management
Lendlease’s global investment management platform spans Europe, Australia, Americas and Asia. We invest on behalf of pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, investment managers and insurance companies, offering our investment partners access to quality property assets.
Sustainability is core to Lendlease’s operations, and we are committed to leading the evolution of our industry to be truly sustainable – environmentally, socially and economically. This is fundamental to achieving our purpose ‘to create places where communities thrive’.
Our approach to Sustainability is guided by a Sustainability Framework and targets that address the most critical environmental and social challenges facing society, focusing our efforts where the impact of our work is greatest.
Our carbon targets aim to help avoid the worst impacts of climate change by limiting global warming to 1.5°C. We’ve made it our mission to achieve Net Zero Carbon by 2025 and Absolute Zero Carbon by 2040, with no offsets and no excuses. These targets have been validated by the Science Based Target initiative as being line with a 1.5°C trajectory.
We have also set a target to create A$250 million of measured social value by 2025 through the work of our corporate shared value partnerships, above and beyond any project or asset obligations.
As a fund manager, we believe that environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors form an integral part of the management process in our property portfolios. Globally, Lendlease is a signatory of the United Nations supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) and has a Responsible Property Investment Policy that commits us to:
- Formally evaluating the impacts and risks of ESG issues in investment and management decision making.
- Developing and implementing sustainability strategies for each of our managed funds, that address Lendlease’s operating principles and key sustainability focus areas, including our commitment to be a 1.5°C aligned fund and investment manager; Net Zero Carbon in operation by 2025 for assets (Scope 1 & Scope 2), use 100% renewable electricity before 2030 and collaborate with our tenants to transition to renewable electricity by 2040, to achieve absolute zero carbon.
- Measuring and reporting on ESG criteria.
- Using green rating tools and labels, where they exist, to benchmark and disclose the ESG performance of our assets and portfolios.
- Engaging and sharing knowledge with stakeholders on ESG issues related to responsible property investment practices.
“At Lendlease, our aim is to live in a world warmed by no more than 1.5°C and to be responsible for creating measured social value for communities. But no one organisation can solve global challenges like climate change alone. Being a BBP member gives us the opportunity to collaborate with other property owners to create solutions and drive ESG best practice, ultimately making our buildings perform better for people and the planet”.Fabien Toscano, Managing Director of Investment Management for Lendlease Europe.
*Please note that the information on this page was supplied by the MAP Member and the BBP assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content