Nuveen Real Estate
Nuveen Real Estate is one of the largest investment managers in the world with $155 billion of assets under management*. With over 85 years of real estate investing experience and more than 775 employees* located in over 30 cities throughout the world, our platform offers unparalleled geographic reach, which is married with deep sector expertise and a long history of prioritising responsible investing.
Our tomorrow’s world approach, a philosophy that sits at the core of our investment process and business operations, informs our long-term view of real estate investments for the enduring benefit of both clients and society. It goes beyond incorporating sustainability factors into our analysis. It embraces the structural changes that the real estate industry and society face. The three main disruptors that are shaping the future of real estate are people, sustainability and technology. We believe structural changes present significant opportunities to create and protect value, and the key to capitalising on these is to have a deep understanding of these disruptors and their effects.
To bring our tomorrow’s world vision to life, Nuveen Real Estate has developed a smart sustainable building blueprint (SSBB) for the different real estate sectors it invests in. Each sector-specific SSBB takes into account the three key drivers of change in tomorrow’s world: sustainability, technology and people.
*All data as of 31 Dec 2022.
* Includes 385+ real estate investment professionals, supported by a further 390+ Nuveen employees.
**as at May 2023
- Pathway to achieve Net Zero Carbon by 2040.
- Our target to reduce energy intensity by 30% brought forward to 2025
- 152 buildings with high-energy performance demonstrated by ENERGY STAR or NABERS certification or EPC ratings of A or B
- 67% office AUM (equity) with green building certifications
- Nuveen Real Estate is a Fitwel Champion since 2020.
- 161 direct affordable housing investments**
- Earned Mental Health America’s Platinum Bell Seal in both 2022 and 2023
"Our Responsible Property Investment strategy addresses a range of environmental and social issues, risks and opportunities. As occupier demand, investors’ requirements, legislation, global climate and resource challenges evolve, so our approach to Responsible Property Investment continues to develop. Our membership of the BBP enables us to collaborate along the way with other leading organisations, sharing our knowledge and challenging each other whilst working together to improve the sustainability of our industry and our buildings."Abigail Dean, Head of Sustainability
*Please note that the information on this page was supplied by the MAP Member and the BBP assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content