Canary Wharf Group
Canary Wharf Group (CWG) is the developer of the largest urban regeneration project in Europe. CWG develops, manages, and currently owns interests in approximately 9 million square feet of mixed-use space and over 1,100 Build to Rent apartments. One of the greatest feats of civic engineering, turning a once derelict Docklands into 97 acres of London’s – and the world’s – most sought-after office and retail space. Our vision as an organisation is to transform urban spaces into extraordinary environments. As an integrated developer, contractor, and property manager, we are in a unique position to embed sustainable principles right from the initial design of our buildings, creating healthy, vibrant developments that benefit everyone.
Canary Wharf Group’s sustainability strategy is built around four focus areas. We believe that by focusing our intentions across these areas, we will not only be able to continue to mitigate our environmental impact, but we will maximise the value we create for those who live and work in Canary Wharf:
• Creating a space where nature and people can thrive.
• We are turning our ambition to be net zero, into action.
• Transitioning from a linear to a circular economy.
• Creating positive change through shared social purpose, connecting our communities and customers in areas where we can make a difference.
- Since 2009, we have sent zero waste to landfill certified across our managed areas
- We currently have 2 BREEAM Outstanding projects
- A unique partnership with the charity and social enterprise the Eden Project to support our sustainability strategy and reimagine our public realm starting with our Middle Dock Transformation.
“We are passionate about designing, building and managing our buildings in an environmentally sustainable way and strive to achieve the highest standards at our projects. The Group has received multiple awards for our sustainability efforts at sites ranging from the Crossrail station at Canary Wharf to 20 Fenchurch Street (‘Walkie Talkie’) in the heart of the City of London. We are proud to support the Better Buildings Partnership and work with all of our stakeholders to help reduce London’s energy use and greenhouse gas emissions.”Sir George Iacobescu CBE, Chairman and CEO of Canary Wharf Group
*Please note that the information on this page was supplied by the MAP Member and the BBP assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content